I’m going to start a collection of things I find interesting, amazing, convicting, or inspiring every once in a while to challenge myself to fight for joy. This idea was inspired by Ann Voskamp‘s Multivitamins and Bleubird‘s Ten Things.
1. Sometimes we have to fight for joy. And this truth is why I am starting this collection of joy nuggets. I’m choosing to intentionally look for joy rather than waiting for joy to happen upon me. I’m choosing joy even when I don’t feel like it (or at least I’m trying). 😉
2. This TED Talk that had me mesmerized.
3. Bullet journaling. I’ve joined the craze and dove in face first. I love my unique and personal planner/collection of lists/journal.
4. This Hot Wheels track because someone else put in the time to create it and I just get to admire their handiwork.
5. In honor the Olympics, this hilarious moment in the pool from Sydney.
6. I’ve been listening to a sermon series on grace called Free Indeed and it is rocking my world.
7. The book Fervent by Priscilla Shirer has taught me how to focus my prayers.
8. “Gracious words are a HONEYCOMB, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.” Proverbs 16:24
9. I took home an arrangement of flowers from Gabe & Lexi’s wedding and they are so stinking beautiful.
10. We started marathon training a couple weeks ago. I’m feeling so unmotivated but I need to JUST. DO. IT.
photo by nirrimi (fire and joy)
What’s your joy? Comment below.
Love God. Love People.
Sign up here to get my posts in your email.